Woolworths encourages customers to save more this Spring 2023
This spring, Woolworths urges customers to save while shopping by taking advantage of special deals, lowered prices, and Low Price programs.
From August 23rd until November 28th, 2023, it is reducing prices on over 450 products as part of its seasonal “Prices Dropped for Spring” initiative. Customers can save $615 across the range of price-dropped products, resulting in an average discount of 17%.
Natalie Davis, Managing Director of Woolworths Supermarkets, emphasized the importance of helping customers spend wisely: “We understand that people are looking for ways to save money, and we’re encouraging our customers to make cost-effective choices with us.”
According to research, shoppers increasingly use strategies like buying products on special and meal planning to save on groceries. In response, It has devised cost-effective meal ideas to assist families in planning budget-friendly meals.
Some of the meal ideas featuring discounted “Prices Dropped for Spring” products include:
Affordable Lamb Roast:
- Australian Lamb Leg Roast, formerly $12/kg, now $10/kg (lowest price since August 2018).
- Australian Washed White Potatoes 2kg pack, previously $7.50, now $4.
Customers can also benefit from reduced prices on seasonal vegetables, with items like zucchini, capsicum, and broccoli approximately 20% cheaper than a year ago.
Mid-Week Family Meals:
- 2kg Woolworths Lasagna, now $12.50 (previously $13.30).
- Woolworths Chicken Nuggets (1kg), now $10 (once $11).
- Woolworths Garlic Bread, now $3 (previously $3.60).
- Fresh bagged salad varieties (120g), now $2.20 (once $3).
Healthier Lunchbox Snacks:
- Chobani Yoghurt Pouches (140g), now $2.15 (previously $2.50).
- Qukes baby cucumbers (250g pack), now $3 (previously $4.50).
- Solana to tomato punnet (200g pack), now $3 (previously $4.50).
- Australian Snackable Carrots (250g pack), now $3 (previously $3.90).
- 5-pack fruit range, now $2.50 (previously $3.50).
- Woolworths 6-pack chocolate milk (with a 4.5 Health Star Rating), now $3.50 (previously $4.60).
- Carman’s fruit straps (with a 4 Health Star Rating) are now $5 (once $6).
Additional “Prices Dropped for Spring” highlights encompass a variety of products, from Stages Chicken Snacks to lamb leg steak, pork loin chop, Macro Free Range stir fry chicken, McCain Beer Batter Chips, and more.
Woolworths Supermarkets and Metro stores also introduce in-store Member Prices for Everyday Rewards members, offering exclusive discounts on select items.
Woolworths’ commitment to addressing food insecurity is evident through its donation of millions of meals to various Australian partners, such as OzHarvest, Foodbank, and Foreshore. In addition, It continues its food diversion initiatives, channeling excess edible food to food relief partners.
For a comprehensive list of “Prices Dropped for Spring” products, visit the Woolworths website.
Here are some additional ways to save at Woolworths:
- Opt for “Low Price” and own brand products.
- Explore the Odd Bunch range for savings on fresh produce.
- Choose seasonal fruits and vegetables to take advantage of lower prices.
- Plan your shopping using Woolworths catalogs, available weekly.
- Join the Everyday Rewards program to earn points and enjoy discounts.
- Access Member Prices by scanning your Rewards card at checkout.
They are committed to helping customers make informed choices while saving on their purchases this spring.