Foodtech Lab – a new acceleration program of Żabka Group
Innovative food products, alternative sources of protein, or solutions supporting recycling and multiple use of packaging. These are just some of the areas of the Food Tech Lab acceleration program launched by
Grupa Żabka on October 18th. The project is aimed at startups from all over Europe, and the most innovative companies will be able to carry out pilot implementations of their solutions within the Żabka Group ecosystem.
Żabka Group wants to build partnerships for positive change and to support innovation, which is why it is actively looking for partners offering solutions transforming the convenience ecosystem. It does this through Venture Studio, which operates within it, and looks for solutions that provide new development perspectives for the entire Żabka Group.
Venture Studio searches for startups based on the current needs of the business, but also on the basis of consumer trends and insights. This is supported by acceleration programs – on October 18th, Fundtech Lab was launched, another initiative after the Startup Impact Program and Żabka Future Lab, addressed to young companies.
– Leading a healthy and sustainable lifestyle, preventing food waste or optimal use of resources are challenges in line with the Responsibility Strategy of Żabka Group.
That is why we have established the Fundtech Lab acceleration program to give the creators of such solutions a chance to develop their products or services in the Group’s ecosystem. We want them to help our clients change their daily habits for the better – says Karol Gajewicz, Head of Venture Studio, Grupa Żabka.
The project is dedicated to startups offering solutions such as:
- Innovative food products – New food products using innovative ingredients and protein sources
- Alternative Protein Sources – Plant substitutes, proteins from fermentation, microorganisms and insects
- Lab-grown meat – In vitro meat, farmed meat, cruelty-free meat, tissue engineering
- Functional food – Products enriched with innovative, functional ingredients
- Packaging – Solutions supporting recycling and reusability, intelligent and ecological packaging
- Food waste management – Waste management and processing, expiry date monitoring
- Food processing technologies – Innovative technological solutions in food processing
- Food production – Innovative technological solutions in food production
- Consumer applications – Applications that modify the way consumers interact with the food industry
Benefits of cooperation
Żabka Group makes it possible to implement a product or solution on a large scale, thanks to the strength of the ecosystem it creates. For the best startups the Group offers cooperation, consumer tests, commercial pilots, and even financial support for further development.
In addition, startups can receive access to a sensory laboratory, expert support and personal opportunities to navigate key relationships in this industry.
Applications for the program can be submitted by November 30 at foodtechlabprogram.com.