At a railroad station, SPAR Switzerland debuts a new Express location.

February 9, 2023

At a railroad station, SPAR Switzerland debuts a new Express location.


On February 2, SPAR Switzerland inaugurated a SPAR Express store at the Winterthur train station in northern Switzerland. The small-scale, conveniently positioned grocery provides quick and simple meal solutions as well as everyday food shopping to commuters, bystanders, and locals. Additionally, from 6 am to 11 pm, clients can dine and drink in the store’s on-site café, which has roughly 20 seats.


The newly constructed Rudolfstrasse contains the new SPAR Express at Winterthur station, which is situated in a heavily travelled pedestrian area. Above the station, there is a garage for parking cars as well as a place to park bicycles.


The new SPAR Express offers a wide variety of hot and cold cuisine for takeout or to enjoy on-site in addition to a well-stocked food selection and products addressing the everyday needs of locals and commuters. A choice of freshly made sandwiches, salads, fruit bowls, muesli, savoury snacks, and a variety of desserts are available on the daily lunch menu.


Electronic price tags in the new store increase in-store productivity. The payment process is sped up by two self-scanning checkouts.


Dzezair Ibraimi and Almedine Fejzaj, owners of SPAR and siblings, manage the store with the help of an enthusiastic staff. Customers’ everyday needs are met with a high-quality fresh food supply and personalised customer care, which is their main focus.


SPAR Switzerland


The SPAR Switzerland website

Read more SPAR Switzerland news.


Concerning SPAR Switzerland
In 1989, SPAR Switzerland was established. The family-run business changed into a holding company with three operating businesses in 2000. The company expanded, merging corporate and independently-owned businesses that ranged from huge supermarkets to forecourt retailing.


SPAR Switzerland announced the sale of 60% of its shares to SPAR Group Ltd. in South Africa at the beginning of 2016. SPAR Group Ltd. purchased the remaining 40% in March 2021.